Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Author Interview with Hadassah Treu about her memoir titled "Satisfied"


Author Interview with Hadassah Treu about her book Satisfied:

Alexis:
Congratulations on writing a memoir titled, Satisfied: Why Getting What We Want Is Not the Answer! What inspired you to share your story?

Hadassah: Thanks! God utterly surprised me by imprinting on my heart in the Fall of 2019 that I should write a memoir of the most difficult years for me and my marriage when I struggled with infertility, anxiety disorder, and panic attacks. These were also the years of the greatest spiritual growth I experienced.

I was not thrilled at the prospect. But the Lord continued to pull at my heart, and I said “yes” with a trembling heart. This project felt like I needed to climb Mount Everest. In March 2020, the first draft of my memoir was ready. Then, I began the revisions and completed them in about a month.

My next step, in blessed ignorance and naivete, was to start pitching the memoir to agents and publishers. Rejections kept piling on. I was disappointed and couldn’t understand. Then, at the end of June 2020, my world suddenly turned upside down. My husband died on the fifth day of July 2020, at age 55. My whole world died with him. The person who was my best friend, my closest person, and my family was gone. I lost the life as I knew it, the life I deeply cherished.

One day it dawned on me that the Lord, who is never late and never too early, urged me to write the memoir of our story with my husband precisely before his untimely death. I knew that I would be incapable of writing this memoir after his death. It would have been too painful. This new understanding brought me a little comfort, reassuring me that God is, as always, in control of all events and details of my life and that He remains trustworthy. I don’t need to understand completely to trust Him.

God surprised me again in September 2025 when a publisher signed a contract with me that led to the release of Satisfied this October.

Alexis:
When I read your book, the first thing I noticed was that it read like a fiction story and unfolded with every page turn like scenes in a movie. Only it is not a work of fiction. This is your real life, pain, hope, and disappointments on paper for the world to read. How did it feel to openly share your heart with the readers?

Hadassah: The memoir reads like a fiction story, but it is the true story of my life and marriage. Openly sharing my heart with the readers feels scary. It makes me feel vulnerable and exposed. I share with the readers my most intimate thoughts, feelings, fears, insecurities, and struggles. It takes a lot of courage and faith to do this because this is my story, and my legacy in a way.

Alexis:
How did your faith in God help you survive heartbreak and loss?

Hadassah: My faith in God was the foundation for surviving heartbreak and loss. I think without having God as my helper, healer, and sustainer, I would have totally collapsed. Practically, my struggles and pain drove me every day to my knees, seeking the Lord desperately and learning to discern His voice and to put my hope in Him and not in desired outcomes. His Word also played a crucial role in my survival. I was truly hanging on His words, on the comfort, reassurance, and promises in them. I wrote and prayed my own Scripture-guided prayers and declarations, and this was a big source of strength.

Alexis: How was your trust in God affected when He didn’t answer your prayers the way you wanted Him to over the years?

Hadassah:
It was challenging to keep trusting God over the years during which I desperately wanted to become a mother. It was really a battle to keep my faith and keep living by faith and not by sight. Surely, this was one of the biggest tests of my faith. What helped me was seeking God in prayer and the habit of spending time in His word. It was His word that sustained me and built up my trust in Him despite the unanswered prayer and unmet expectations. I made the constant choice to trust Him. Here are some of my “trust declarations”:

I will trust the Lord when I can't understand His plan and purposes.

I will trust Him because He knows me and knows what is best for me.

I will trust the Lord when the pain blinds me.

I will trust Him because He never changes and is worthy of my trust.

Alexis: What advice, based on your journey, do you have for married women who long to be a mother but cannot conceive?

Hadassah:
My advice is not to give up on God and their dreams. This is a spiritual battle to keep your faith in God, first and foremost. Keep trusting and seeking God, keep surrendering to Him and desiring His will above everything else. Be confident that He loves you and knows best. His plan is perfect. Rest in His love and sovereign plan, and providence for your life.

Alexis:
Toward the end of your book, you talked about birthing babies—not real human babies but ministries such as your blog. Tell us more about that. How did God help you turn your pain into purpose?

Hadassah:
This was a long process, but God never wastes anything in our lives. When we surrender to Him, He can turn every pain into purpose, and every mess into a mission. In my story, it began with God’s call to start writing a blog. My blog OnTheWayBg was born in May 2017. I still remember the excitement and joy. I held a baby in my arms! Not the biological baby I wanted, but still a baby!

I was full of God-given confidence that this was just the beginning. I was sure God would fulfill His promise and make me a joyful mother of many children—spiritual sons and daughters, ministries, books, and much more. A vast territory, an uncharted land, stretched before me. I had rediscovered a passion. I had a new goal, one to encourage and help believers grow and mature in their relationship with God by grasping their identity and purpose in Christ.

I had a new mission, one of empowering and equipping people to advance in their faith and put their hope in God. Now my blog is heading to its 10th anniversary and is in the 100 Top Faith Blogs ranked by Feedspot in 2025 and 2026. God made me also a prolific writer of many articles, poems, and books in English and Bulgarian.

Alexis: What has God taught you about His goodness and faithfulness to you even when He doesn’t give you what you want?

Hadassah:
God taught me He remained the same God because He doesn’t change. He is the same regardless of how our circumstances develop. He remains dependable, trustworthy, faithful, good, loving, and caring. Most importantly, He is fully in control and completely sovereign over our lives. We can trust His wisdom, power, and love.

I also learned that even when God doesn’t give me what I want, He still gives me other amazing and wonderful things because He is a generous Giver. I didn’t receive the miracle I wanted (a biological child), but I experienced many other miracles in my life, which I call the miracles of transformation. I have changed profoundly. My thinking has changed, my husband and marriage have changed, my life has changed for good. God is always working.

Alexis:
What lessons have you learned about forgiveness and surrender in your faith journey with Jesus Christ?

Hadassah: Forgiveness and surrender are the cornerstones of a fruitful and peaceful life. I can compare my faith journey to a wrestling match that led to rounds of deeper surrender, acceptance, forgiveness, and trust. Some important milestones of this wrestling were when I learned I was infertile and when I learned that I was not pregnant after the embryo transfer. Also, when I finally faced and dealt with my anger and disappointment, and my controlling desire.

I learned that without forgiving (others, myself, and even God) and without submitting to His will, there is no way to become internally healed and at peace. Forgiveness and continuous surrender are the path to peace, strength, joy, and satisfaction in the Lord. This is the only way to get rid of our self-centeredness and become more God-centered.

Alexis:
Who is your target audience for this book? Share how you hope it will help them.

Hadassah:
This book is for you if:
  • You are facing infertility, the loss of motherhood dreams, or the pain of unanswered prayers.
  • Your marriage, intimacy, or expectations for family life have left you feeling heartbroken or unseen.
  • You often feel that you are not enough, not fulfilled, or unsure who you are beyond your circumstances.
  • You are disappointed with life and searching for faith, identity, healing, and purpose in the midst of uncertainty.
The book will help you discover how releasing the need to control every outcome can open the way to peace, healing, and a more honest relationship with God. Surrender becomes not a defeat, but a courageous choice to trust amid uncertainty.

Through the book, you will explore the possibility of finding identity and purpose beyond motherhood, marriage, achievement, or the fulfillment of long-held desires. Even in the valleys, new meaning can take root.

Alexis:
What was the most beautiful part of writing your story? Explain.

Hadassah: The most beautiful part of writing my story was seeing the pattern and realizing that everything made sense. Being able to trace God’s hand in weaving all the threads of my life through the years was beautiful and amazing.

Alexis:
Now that your memoir is released, what’s next for you?

Hadassah:
I will continue to share my story in my writing and speaking. The next thing that I believe God has for me is to finish my third coaching program on mental health and recovery from addiction and help people as a trauma recovery and resilience coach. I am already a certified trauma-informed and human flourishing coach.

Alexis:
Thank you for the interview, Hadassah! Would you like to share closing thoughts?

Hadassah: Thanks for this opportunity, Alexis! It was a joy for me! Blessings to your readers.

~*~
Author Bio:

Hadassah Treu is an award-winning bilingual author, blogger, poet, speaker, and spiritual growth coach; a communication specialist and translator, holding a master's in international relations, living in Bulgaria. 


As an author of five books (two poetry books and three non-fiction books) and co-author of fourteen devotional and poetry anthologies, Hadassah loves to encourage and motivate people to stand firm in the faith and grow spiritually by applying biblical truths in their lives. Her book, “Draw Near: How Painful Experiences Become a Birthplace of Blessings” is a must-read for any Christian who is seeking spiritual gain after a season of losses and suffering. Her new book, “SATISFIED: Why Getting What We Want Is Not the Answer”, released in October 2026, offers a language for grief, permission to wrestle, and a deeper vision of a fruitful life.

Featured on over 100 faith-based platforms and podcasts like Her View from Home, The Upper Room, (In)courage, Living by Design, Proverbs 31 Ministries, COMPEL Pro Blog, she is a hope-bringing speaker and writer that is in the Top 100 Faith Blogs ranked by Feedspot in 2025 and 2026. Hadassah is a professional member of the Advanced Writers and Speakers Association (AWSA) and COMPEL Pro Training member, leader, and contributor.

Hadassah is no stranger to suffering and loss. From the platform of her greatest pains, equipped with lessons gathered on the way, she delivers a powerful message of comfort and hope, found in God's Word.

~*~
Blurb for Hadassah's book:

You prayed. You trusted. You believed it would happen. But what if it doesn't? 


Hadassah Treu thought she knew what would make her life complete: a loving marriage, motherhood, health, and the future she had carefully imagined. Instead, the years brought marital distance, infertility, panic attacks, painful medical treatments, and the lingering consequences of a decision she desperately wished she could undo.

As one hope after another slipped beyond her control, Hadassah faced a question she could no longer avoid: Is God still good when he does not give us what we want?

In Satisfied, Hadassah tells the deeply personal story of a marriage strained by grief and disappointment, a consuming longing to become a mother, and a faith tested when prayer seemed to produce anything but the expected answer. Her journey leads through anger, forgiveness, surrender, and the difficult discovery that even a good desire can become the place where we look for the satisfaction only God can provide.

But surrender does not mean the end of longing. For Hadassah, it becomes the beginning of something larger: healing in her marriage, a new understanding of motherhood and fruitfulness, and a life no longer dependent on circumstances going according to plan.

Honest about disappointment without offering easy answers, Satisfied is for anyone who has prayed faithfully, waited hopefully, and wondered what to do when the answer still seems to be no.

When the life you wanted is not the life you receive, can you still discover that what you have is enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.