My Review of the Abide Bible
Momentum Influencer Network sent a copy of the Abide Bible to me and asked me to write a review of it. Before I share my review, read these words below from the professionals of Momentum:
Check out The Abide Experience: 21 Days in John, a FREE Video Devotion featuring Dr. Phil Collins, general editor of the Abide Bible, a Bible designed around five methods of Scripture Engagement that will change the way you read Scripture. The 21 Days in John FREE Video Devotion also provides a free download of the book of John from the Abide Bible.
The Abide Experience is FREE and includes 21 Video devotions delivered by email and a full download of the book of John from The Abide Bible!
Do you yearn for life-giving, intimate communion with God? The Abide Bible is designed to help you experience the peace, hope, and growth that comes from encountering the voice and presence of God in Scripture. Every feature in Abide is de- signed to teach and develop Scripture-engagement habits that help you know the power and spiritual nourishment of abiding in Christ.
Transform your personal Bible devotions into intimate, ongoing conversations with God with various Scripture engagement approaches that keep Bible reading fresh and new. “Abide in Me.” (John 15:4)
Created in partnership with Bible Gateway and the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement, The Abide Bible’s features include articles, book introductions, and practical Scripture engagement prompts based on five ways of engaging deeply with the Bible:
· Praying Scripture: Pattern your prayers after biblical texts, personalizing the prayer and gaining language for the thoughts and emotions you want to ex- press.
· Picture It: Place yourself in a biblical narrative as a bystander or participant in important events.
· Journaling: Focus and reflect on Scripture and its meaning for your life, opening yourself to God’s voice as you ponder.
· Engage Through Art: Consider a classic piece of art—photograph, sculpture, painting—and let it deepen your meditations on scriptural truths.
· Contemplate: Follow the church’s longstanding practice of reading, meditating on, praying, and contemplating a passage of Scripture in order to experience God’s presence through the words of the Bible.
· Bible book introductions provide a concise overview of the background and historical context of the book about to be read
· 365 Day Bible Reading Plan guiding you through the entire Bible in a year
· Line-matched, single-column Scripture text for improved readability
· Smyth-sewn binding lays flat in your hand or on your desk
· Two satin ribbon markers allows you to easily navigate and keep track of where you were reading
· Easy-to-read 9-point NET Comfort Print
Visit the Abide Bible publisher’s website for more details: https://www.thomasnelsonbibles.com/abide-bible/experience/
My Review of the Abide Bible:
This Bible is well-planned, organized and helpful.
I love that it comes in a nice box cover that shields the Bible. When I first opened the box and laid my hands on the Abide Bible, the first thing I noticed was how soft and smooth the material from front to back and the spine. It put me at ease.
As I’ve been studying this Bible for the past few weeks, I found that it’s easy to understand. The features such as the explanation of the background and historical context of every book in this Bible really set the scene for me and helped me go into each book that I read with greater understanding.
The font style and size throughout this book are very easy to read.
I was able to go deeper into God’s Word when I followed the study prompts on the sidebars of most pages. These prompts challenged me to pray using Scripture, picture the story in my head, journal about what I read, engage through the art that portray scriptural truths, and contemplate what God is teaching me through His Word before moving onto the next chapter.
I highly recommend this Bible to anyone and everyone who wants to grow closer to God and understand His Word on a deeper level.
Giveaway for U.S. Residents ONLY: 1 copy of the Abide Bible (NET)
Enter the giveaway contest here:
Many thanks to Thomas Nelson Bibles for providing a sample of the product for this review. Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.